Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 104

Thread: Miami-Florida game thread

  1. #31
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    All I know is that we should absolutely rip Texas A&M with a bye week this week and having to travel to their place. After the noise of The Swamp, TAMU & their 12th man shouldn't be a big deal. We should push them all over the field and win bigtime.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    Considering that Ark. St. has already beaten em, shouldn't be that much of a challenge.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #33
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Considering that Ark. St. has already beaten em, shouldn't be that much of a challenge.</div></div>

    Yep. I was pretty sure they'd be terrible this year if one of the worst Miami teams ever could beat them last year in a walkover, 34-17 (was 31-0 after 3 quarters).

    Speaking of Arkansas St, they beat whoever they played (I think it was Texas Southern) 83-10 this past weekend. Talk about running up the score...
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    Lol...they should run it up, that's the only way they will get any recognition. Texas ran it up on UTEP and the polls leap frogged them over Auburn...who played a team that will win 8-9 games this year. Sure it was Southern Miss, but they're a hell of alot better than UTEP.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #35
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    I just want to say that I didnt get to watch ALL of the game bc I was in Lexington all weekend for the wifes family reunion but we got back to the hotel with about 5 mins left in the first half and I was SURPRISED to see the score as close as it was. Florida didnt look all that great until the 4th quarter, the Canes was getting WAY too much pressure on Tebow he had no time to do anything. But when the 4th quarter rolled around and the Gators got it clicking, there was nothing Miami could do with em, just flat on smashed them Canes. I was hoping to see my Gators put a few more points up there towards the end and run it up on a little better, Im sure there was alot of top recruits at that game and we want em in the orange and blue next year. I was pissed that the one TD pass to Murphy got called back, but hey its all good, still a nice victory if ya ask me.
    "Why so serious?"

  6. #36
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    I think I saw earlier in the week there would be close to 300 recruits there (not all on official visits by any means.).
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #37
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MOX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But when the 4th quarter rolled around and the Gators got it clicking, there was nothing Miami could do with em, just flat on smashed them Canes.</div></div>
    Thanks to the SEC officials overturning the catch that Carl Moore didn't make and spiked himself on in the meantime. No possession = no catch, even if your elbow touches inbounds. The ball bounced dang near up into the student section after Randy Phillips put the hit on him. Bogus call there--that was the turning point in the ballgame. That was a 3rd & long, and that would have forced Florida to punt and Miami would have gotten the ball back down 9-3 to start the 4th w/momentum...it made all the difference.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MOX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was hoping to see my Gators put a few more points up there towards the end and run it up on a little better, Im sure there was alot of top recruits at that game and we want em in the orange and blue next year.</div></div>
    Word around the recruiting world is that Meyer's trying to run up the score in the 4th (passing downfield, trying to tack on TD's w/less than 3 min's left in the game) turned off more recruits than it turned on...kids are starting to see what kind of scum Meyer really is and how he has no respect for the game.

    All I know is that Meyer wanted to do his damage this year, because he sees how close Miami is to being back, and knows he won't want to face them in the 2013 game down south--would rather jump to the NFL than face us in 2013.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I saw earlier in the week there would be close to 300 recruits there (not all on official visits by any means.). </div></div>
    To reiterate my point re: recruiting, here's a direct quote from Coach Shannon the day after the game:

    "I'll just say this one statement: Sometimes when you do things and people see what type of person you really are, you turn a lot of people off. Now, whatever you want to get out of that, I won't say it again. But it helped us. It helped us more than you'll ever know. ... You know what, believe it or not we had more kids calling us last night from 1-4 in the morning, `Coach, I'm still coming to Miami. I'm excited about it, coach. You guys played well.'"

    Take from that what you will. I think Meyer's attempted running things up on us backfired and will hurt more than help in recruiting.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #38
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    IMO, that wasn't a catch...BUT also, IMO it didn't make a damn...lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #39
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    I agree sup-rbeast. I didn't think it was a catch, or ended up making a big difference in the game either.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #40
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was a 3rd & long, and that would have forced Florida to punt and Miami would have gotten the ball back down 9-3 to start the 4th w/momentum...it made all the difference.</div></div>

    Put Auburn or UT in place of Miami in that above situation boys--you think that would make a difference? Punting to a team w/momentum off a call or getting a call that sets you up 1st & goal from the 5 is a HUGE difference--ask any football player/coach, past or present.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •